Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Constant "fresh starts" are welcomed!


I'm trying to figure out how to say this and make sense.  I see myself and my husband ending at perfection.  Is that too blunt?  Reason being:  When we started eating Paleo, it was a challenge - everything was new.  Then we fell off the wagon over Xmas time...BUT still keeping some of what we had learned in our diet, i.e., drinking black coffee or the Paleo way of drinking it, coconut milk and honey, and we mostly kept out the grains.  Then summer came and I was like, "We need to straighten up!"  So our Paleo attempt started again.  Now, several months into summer - we have kept it MOSTly up, but -- as I'm writing, I'm trying to think how I cheated and the only thing that has come to mind is BEER and for me, ICECREAM :)  loL.  So I don't know if you see my point yet....

I'll say a few more things then get to the point if you haven't seen it yet.
I remember, I think, it was in June telling Von, my sister, that "Here's to another "start."  And her response has stuck w/ me.  It was something to the effect of "Another false start is better than not doing anything at all -- or eating bad today, again."  All the good days will add up for your health, even if they're not each consecutive day.

So now, to the point - over the last 10 months my diet has changed drastically towards being all Paleo, even though we haven't been "perfect."  So even when we cheat, they're better cheats :)  When I've gone to restaurants, I still pick the better choices of veggies and my fish or shrimp -- not a burger!  Now, the choice of not eating a burger is a little harder for Julio, but he's getting there!  He LOVES our local restaurant's 'Big Catch' plate :)  So I hope that this has made sense.  Don't give up, your life to better eating takes time.  Baby steps.  You'll make it there.

-Charolette

No comments:

Post a Comment