Friday, February 14, 2014

Raising a Natural Baby: Bottom Cream

By: Andrea

When a baby is born we all go buy butt cream because it is a good chance the baby will have diaper rashes. My first child I used A&D zinc oxide cream. She was breastfed for 3 months exclusively and mixed breast milk/formula for another 2-3 months and then formula only until she was on solid food. Diaper rashes were a part of it and we only used A&D cream.


I started to use Coconut oil as I read the uses for that and found that it could be used for bottom cream. After about three weeks with occasional redness in his diaper area I started searching for another natural cream to use.



In the meantime I found Red Clay toothpaste when I stumbled across an article for the benefits of Red Clay in our diet. http://www.clayremedies.com/Info_About_Edible_Clays.html 


I searched for a way to put this into our diet and I found it in toothpaste. I was so excited because I was eliminating fluoride from toothpaste in our home. More on that subject in another post.  While finding that I found a Redmond Red Clay First Aid cream.  



This led me to thinking that it could be used as a bottom cream for diaper rashes, http://www.redmondclay.com/.  This cream can be used for anything and it works! I use it on E’s bottom whenever I see a red area and within the time until his next diaper change it, most of the time, heals his redness. I find it cheapest on amazon.com. I use this for everything from scrapes, itching (on my first kid), to dry skin and chaffing. This cream comes hydrated so it’s easy to use. It also comes in a powder form that can be added to water to make a thick or thin paste to add. The best part is that when it soaks into the skin it has benefits internally. That’s amazing stuff to add to any natural child rising. 

Aunt Yvonne adding her two cents (Annie is working and not answering her text about me wanting to add a cute baby photo)....Please tell me this baby doesn't have a happy bum!?


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the exciting addition! I see that we belong to the same school of taking care of children. Please visit: baby eczema

    dry rough skin

    foot repair cream

    ReplyDelete