Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Birthday Season Begins

March begins a long string of birthdays and anniversaries in our family. Of course starting with ME :) I'm such a birthday geek. I truly love that I'm older and wiser (lol), fitter and healthier, happier, blessed and ALIVE!

I own the WEEK of my birthday! Just as my boys all own their weeks. I decorate rooms. I make cupcakes for breakfast. We open gifts in the morning. We take off work. We take half days off school. We eat our favorite foods. We celebrate!!!

So last year at this time I was freaking out because we were paleo and I had to find something to make. These are our favorites for birthdays:

Chocolate Ganache Bacon Frosting by Paleo Spiri




This was Dawson's bday cake from last year using the two receipes above. My frosting was lighter because I whipped paleo whipped coconut cream into it. Yum!

Chocolate Avocado Pudding by The Primalist 

Banana Cinnamon Bun Muffins by Multiple Delicious 


These awesome little cupcakes were used making the above two receipes. I made sure to chill the pudding before piping it onto the cupcakes. Such a good mix. These have gotten great reviews from paleo and non paleo alike. 

So for this year's birthdays I may use some of the old and some new stuff, as there is so much out there. Planning has started. I do know that for my birthday treat it's going to include Chocolate Avocado Pudding. Yes I make my own :)

Enjoy!
Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment