Sunday, March 9, 2014

Raising a Natural Child: Baby Wipes

After switching bottom creams to a natural one the next step was to find a good natural bottom but cleaner. We found many formulas that used paper towels and a couple with cloth wipes. I didn't like the waist of paper towels. But here is the link to look at. http://wellnessmama.com/1459/homemade-baby-wipes-recipe/

I wanted to do a simple one that I could just spray on baby bottom to use less waist of soaps. The one I use is modified from many I found on line.
My DIY natural bottom cleaning solution. 
1 cup water
1/2 cup liquid Dr. Bronners Castile soap (rose and hemp)
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tsp Vitamin E oil

I placed this in a larger spray bottle for storage and use small 3 oz travel size spray bottles. One for his day care, diaper bag and home use. I then needed to find wipes. I thought about making my own but I knew I could find some at an affordable price. Wow! There are costly ones advertised. I went to Walmart and found a four pack of baby wash clothes for $1.98. I bought ten for a total of 40 wipes. I take ten in to school for his day care and replace what they use daily. They send home soiled wipes to clean. I don't mind at all. This was a simple fix for our house hold. Just wrap and wipe clean. 

Before diaper/ wipe area. 



After switching out wipes for to cloth cleaner and wipes. 





- Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. Very creative. Waiting to know about other baby essentials making tips as well.

    ReplyDelete