Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Raising a Natural Baby: Natural Body Soap

Finding a recipe to use for baby body wash was another important step for my natural baby. I used Johnson's baby naturals head to toe wash which only had 14 ingredients most of which came from plants such as coconut, corn, palm, soybean, and sunflower.  But it contained other things I couldn't pronounce. So I looked for a simpler one. I got it from a friend so I do not know the original source.

Coconut milk body wash
1/2 cup coconut milk (I used canned to be more creamy)
1/2 cup liquid Castile soap (I used Dr. Bronner's rose hemp)
3 tsp Vitamin E oil
5-8 drops of essential oil

Add all ingredients to a bottle and shake.

Little E loved his bath. I pour a pea size amount on my hand and wash with my hand instead of using a towel. I can feel better in cracks to get out lint and other grime. I chose a rose hemp version of Dr. Bronner's Castile soap because rosé oil is very expensive and it has great qualities. I also chose tea tree oil because of healing qualities. Both of the healing aids of these are listed below.

Rose oil: antiseptic, anti inflammatory, relieves cuts and burns, reduces swelling, aids in asthma, PMS, menstrual cramps, impotency, improves mood during menopause, aphrodisiac, antidepressant, stress reliever, and sedative.

Tee Tree:  anti microbial, antiseptic, antiviral, anti fungal. Fights: infections, colds, flu, cold sores, acne, candida.


Ordered liquid soap, and oils  off of amazon.com, coconut milk from Kroger.  


Using a funnel.


Old and new.



Enjoying the bath.


-Andrea

1 comment: