Monday, July 22, 2013

Sweet Sweets


[Feb 2013]

We’ve never been a family that over indulged in sweets. They are a treat we have now and then. Over the months we’ve made several paleo treats like chocolate chip cookies, apple fritters, apple muffins, banana bread, and cinnamon muffins. My favorite sweet that I’vd made, that has fooled many, was Chocolate Avocado Pudding. Trust me you do not want to turn your nose up at this tasty treat. I took a tub of this to work, the gym as well as to neighbors. I had about 15 people try it and didn’t tell anyone the ingredients until after they tasted it AND liked it. My husband doesn’t like it but he doesn’t care for dark chocolate / cocoa powder that is used in it. He’s the exception. The avocado gives the pudding it’s thick texture but you don’t taste avocado! It’s awesome!

I created a few different dishes with the pudding. I did this the end of the summer when strawberries were in season and oh so fresh!

Dish 1 = pudding + sun butter + coconut whipped topping + sliced almonds (this one tastes like a candy bar!)

Dish 2 = fresh strawberries + pudding + coconut whipped topping + sliced almonds



Dish 3 = fresh strawberries + pudding + coconut whipped topping



Dish 4 = (not shown) freeze the pudding for some thick yummy pudding ice cream


In addition to the pudding we also made, as mentioned above, some Banana Cinnamon Bun Muffins. These are great for the kids to take as snacks for school or have for breakfast with some fruit and protein (Yes I know the yolks are missing from the eggs as C doesn’t eat that part).



So why have I pointed out these two sweets specifically? After having made both of these it dawned on me that the pudding was thick enough to be used as frosting. 

Muffin (a.k.a. cupcake) + pudding (a.k.a. frosting) = CUPCAKE





To make the cupcakes you’ll want to bake your muffins and make your frosting then put the two together to get beautifully yummy cupcakes. These were served at a dinner party and eaten by all who attended.



I stored this one in the freezer for a friend, as he was out of the country when I made them. It received a thumbs up when he returned. So it’s a bonus that you can freeze them and pull one out later on!



We even headed to my sister Andrea’s house and tried the cupcakes there as well. It was extra special because we used eggs straight from the chickens in their back yard. Everyone, especially my niece Charolette, liked them.




Recipes:
Banana Cinnamon Bun Muffins by Multiply Delicious is here

Chocolate Avocado Pudding (That Tastes Nothing Like Avocado) by
The Primalist is here

Coconut Whipped Cream by Nutty Kitchen is here


Enjoy!
Yvonne


No comments:

Post a Comment